LCC Prism Alliance- For Employees, By Employees
The Lansing Community College Prism Alliance educates, supports and empowers college employees to establish and maintain a safe and inclusive environment in which individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities may lead their lives openly and authentically.
- To raise awareness of sexual orientation, gender identity and LGBTQIA+ issues across campus through education, advocacy and inclusion.
- To provide college-wide LGBTQIA+ resources and support through education, outreach, partnerships, events and advocacy.
- To increase tolerance, promote inclusion, and model acceptance across all levels of the college.
- To advocate on behalf of LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and students to prevent discrimination and bias and promote the health and wellbeing of all.
- To support Lansing Community College Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) as needed and appropriate.
- To facilitate communication, cooperation, and collaboration within the college and its communities.
- To support Lansing Community College’s Mission and Guiding Principles.
In our internal and external work, LCC Prism Alliance members agree to:
- Create and practice a group culture where everyone feels safe expressing their opinions.
- Actively participate during meeting and events.
- Treat everyone with fairness, honesty and respect at all time.
- Encourage one another’s participation and be welcoming to new participants.
- Listen to all ideas fairly and acknowledge one another’s ideas before expressing your own.
- Phrase feedback in a constructive and supportive manner and assume positive intent.
- Keep discussions confidential unless there is group agreement to make them public.
- Collaborate both inside and outside the community.
- Take responsibility for our actions individually and as a group
Prism Steering Committee
- Annescia Dillard–Center for Teaching Excellence
- Fran Krempasky – Learning Assistance-Library
- Jeanne Donado – Educational Resource Development
- Julie Ruark – Learning Assistance-Library
- Kaila Herin Stevens–Fostering STARS Coordinator/Life Skills Coach
- Layne Ingram – Special Projects Coordinator–Office of the President
- Sarah Garcia-Linz- Academic Success Coach Manager