Our mission is to educate, support and empower Lansing Community College faculty and staff to establish and maintain a safe and inclusive environment in which all individuals may lead their lives openly and authentically.
- To raise awareness of sexual orientation and gender identity issues across campus through education and advocacy.
- To support the Lansing Community College student Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) as appropriate and as needed.
- To raise awareness of LGBT issues across campus through education, curriculum development and advocacy.
- To increase tolerance, promote inclusion and model acceptance across all levels of the college.
- To advocate for LGBT faculty, staff, and students in an effort to prevent discrimination and bias, while advancing inclusion.
- To promote the health and well-being of LGBT persons in a changing society.
- To facilitate communication, cooperation, and collaboration within the college and its communities.
- The Alliance welcomes the participation and support of all faculty and staff who share in our mission.